Buying a boat? At Red Rock Insurance in Las Vegas, NV, we’re here to help.
Here’s a comprehensive boat-buying checklist to help you make an informed decision:
- Assess the Condition. Inspect the boat’s overall condition, both interior and exterior. Look for signs of damage, corrosion, or wear and tear.
- Get a Marine Survey. Consider hiring a professional marine surveyor to conduct a thorough inspection of the boat.
- Test Drive. Take the boat for a test drive on the water. Pay attention to its handling, performance, and responsiveness.
- Explore Storage Options. Determine where you plan to store the boat when it’s not in use and check on availability and cost.
- Review Insurance Requirements. Contact insurance providers to get quotes on boat insurance. Consider coverage for theft, damage, liability, and medical payments.
- Legal Documentation. Ensure the boat has proper legal documentation, including ownership papers, registration, and title.
- Review Warranties. Check if the boat comes with a warranty, and review the terms and coverage provided.
- Consider Additional Equipment. Determine if the boat requires any additional equipment or accessories, like life jackets, navigation systems, fishing gear, or safety equipment.
- Final Inspection Before finalizing the purchase, conduct a final inspection of the boat to ensure that all agreed-upon repairs or modifications have been completed satisfactorily.
- Arrange for Transfer of Ownership. Coordinate with the seller to complete the necessary paperwork and transfer ownership of the boat.
- Enjoy the Boat! Once the purchase is complete and ownership is transferred, it’s time to enjoy your new boat responsibly and safely.
Keep Your Boat Insurance Updated
Remember to tailor this checklist to your specific needs and preferences. When you’re ready to explore insurance options, reach out to us at Red Rock Insurance in Las Vegas, NV!
Owning a boat is a lot of fun. But it’s also an investment. Boat insurance keeps both safe.
Red Rock Insurance can add some peace of mind to your summer plans. Our seasoned agents can build a personalized boat insurance policy that keeps you prepared on the waterways. Yet some boat owners don’t take full advantage of these benefits.
Here are five facts about boat insurance:
Boat insurance can cover any watercraft.
Boat insurance is a specialized policy that applies to all motorized watercraft. Each policy will vary. Yet most plans will shield against damage, destruction, or loss from collision or comprehensive coverage.
But the benefits go much further.
Don’t let its name fool you. Boat insurance doesn’t just cover boats. These policies protect those onboard too. Boat insurance shields you, your family, and your guests. This is achieved through liability, specifically bodily injury and property damage coverage.
Boat insurance isn’t required in Las Vegas, NV
Like most other states, boat insurance isn’t mandated in Nevada. But it’s encouraged. The pros of having boat insurance far outweigh the risks of going without it.
Boats aren’t likely covered by other plans.
Homeowners policies can offer some coverage, yet these are often limited. Don’t assume you’re safe. In reality, a dedicated boat insurance plan is the only way to ensure protection.
Boat insurance isn’t seasonal.
Boat insurance isn’t just a summer expense. Accidents and disasters can happen all year, even in storage. Don’t fall into this trap by letting your policy lapse in the winter.
Contact Us Today
Red Rock Insurance in Las Vegas, NV wants to ensure your summer plans stay afloat. With a dedicated boat insurance policy, you can cruise the waterways safely and securely. Schedule an appointment today.
Boat storage is a common service for boat owners who want to save their vessels from the elements. But what do you need to consider before storing your boat?
It could be the off-season, or your boat might simply need a break from water and waves. Whatever the reason, storing your boat can keep it safe and sound for months (or even years). Before you sign up with a boat storage facility to save yourself some money and winterize your pride and joy, you definitely need to consider insurance for your vessel. Here are a few reasons why boat insurance is important.
1. Protection from Theft and Vandalism
For some boat owners, the thought of storing their vessel is enough to put them at ease. But active boat storage facilities mean lots of workers and visitors – making it an easy target for theft or vandalism. Boat insurance could cover you in the event that your boat is damaged or stolen, but you should make sure to check with your insurance agent first. Insurance for boats may include theft, vandalism, water damage, fire, and even natural disasters.
2. Compensate for Damages
Your boat storage facility should have insurance to cover any damage to your vessel. But accidents happen, and it’s good to be prepared. If the storage facility is not insured or lacks enough coverage, you may need additional protection of your own just in case anything goes wrong with your boat.
3. Avoiding Personal Liability
There are plenty of things that can go wrong while storing your boat, and not all issues will be covered by the storage facility’s insurance. This includes damage caused to other boats or people, as well as injuries. Even if you don’t use your vessel during the storage period, it could still be subject to liability.
Insurance for boats doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. Our agents from Red Rock Insurance can help you find the right boat insurance in Las Vegas, NV, at an affordable rate today. Get in touch with us today for more information.