Home Insurance in Nevada
How much did it cost you to purchase your Las Vegas, NV home? Hundreds of thousands of dollars, right? Now imagine if fire or windstorms damaged your home! The loss will be catastrophic if you don't have home insurance. Red Rock Insurance can help you with finding the right policy. If you own an expensive asset like a home, you can't afford to go without home insurance to protect your home against perils like theft, vandalism, fire, and other natural calamities.
Is home insurance required in Nevada?
While there is no federal law that requires Nevada homeowners to carry home insurance, if your home is loan-financed, your lender may require you to carry standard home insurance until you clear your outstanding mortgage.
Home insurance options in Nevada
Below are some home insurance options you need to consider for your Nevada home:
- Dwelling coverage: Protects your home structure and other attached structures from damage. If fire or windstorms destroy your home, the dwelling coverage pays for the repair or rebuilding your home up to your policy limit.
- Liability protection: Suppose someone slips on your premises and breaks their neck? You could face medical costs and possible legal suits for lost wages if the person didn't work. Furthermore, if you accidentally reverse into your neighbor's wall, you could face property damage costs. However, if you have liability coverage in your home insurance, you don't have to worry about medical costs and property damages for accidents caused to third parties.
- Personal property protection: Home insurance covers loss or damage to personal properties like furniture, clothing, and electronics.
- Additional living expenses (ALE) coverage: If your home becomes unlivable due to a covered loss, home insurance pays for additional living expenses above your everyday living expenses.
Home insurance exclusions
While home insurance protects you against many perils, typical home insurance won't protect you against damage from:
- Flood and earthquake
- Regular wear and tear
- Mold and pest infestation
Would you like home insurance to protect your Las Vegas, NV home? Please contact Red Rock Insurance today. We understand that every homeowner's needs are different. As a result, we provide numerous home insurance options to cater to different needs.